RX 5 AUDIO EDITOR HIGHLIGHTS
Instant Process tool: The one-click magic eraser for your audio. From unwanted cough to scene-interrupting siren, instantly paint away any audio problem in RX 5's Audio Editors spectrogram.
Module Chain: Remove distortion, clicks, interference, background noise, smooth out inconsistent volume and ambience. Whatever the multiple editing tasks, they can now be accomplished in a single mouse click to fire off all of your editing tasks at once.
Seamless Integration: Sync and integrate the power of the RX Audio Editor with any DAW or NLE timeline using RX Connect. Clip-by-clip and handles support added for the most efficient Avid Pro Tools post production workflow available.
De-reverb: Reduce some of the reverb from a recorded space in order to make the dialogue useable. Salvage recordings of dialogue containing too much reverb/acoustic space without needing to spend time/money on a reshoot or ADR.
Corrective EQ: Remove harsh high frequencies and whines, rumbles, resonances, distortion artifacts and accurately hone in on any problem frequency areas. Beyond a traditional equalizer, the Corrective EQ offers both an Analog and a Digital mode, in addition to remarkably high (up to 400) Q values for precision filtering of problem frequencies. In addition, the Digital filter shapes allow for more precise cuts than previously possible.
Presets: For the ultimate in sound quality and workflow efficiency, RX 5 Audio Editor includes 60 new problem oriented presets across several modules, including:
- Corrective EQ presets to help mitigate unwanted resonances, codec compression artifacts and proximity issues.
- Module Chain presets offering complete dialogue and music editing workflows. Fix everything from digital interference, mouth and mic noises, background noise, inconsistent volume levels to headroom and clipping issues with a single mouse click.
- Leveler presets to transparently smooth out volume inconsistencies while simultaneously de-essing and de-breathing for complete, polished dialogue edits.
- De-plosive presets to quickly and intelligently identify and remove plosive/air pops and mic bumps in a dialogue or vocal recording.
- Ambience Match presets with a wide variety of ambient sound beds suitable creating the illusion of locations as diverse as forests, jungles, oceans, planes, warehouses, factories and more.
- EQ Match presets to quickly match the spectrum of your audio with anything from top quality VO recordings, to counteracting the boxiness of lavalier microphones.
- Signal Generator: Create precisely accurate test tones, calibration tones for post production delivery specs, “bleep” tones eliminate obscenities in a dialogue edit. The Signal Generator can also be used for important sequential editing tasks, from inserting silence to repairing DC offset.
Retina Support: See audio in greater detail than ever before and experience unprecedented visual feedback with retina support for the Spectrogram in addition to the entire RX interface, which also includes a brand new text rendering engine offering sharper, clearer text.
Markers and Regions (Search): Get greater flexibility for those longer edits, with the ability to perform text based searches of any Markers, Regions, and Comments in the metadata of your audio.
Streamlined Toolbar: Not only does the updated toolbar include the brand new Instant Process, but it also offers a much cleaner user experience with larger clickable icons and clearer zoom/navigational functionality.
Miscellaneous Enhancements: As always, many smaller improvements and enhancements have been made across the app to improve things like text rendering, window handling, small graphical issues throughout and other tiny fixes and tweaks.