Add Four Powerful SuperSpeed USB Connections to Your Mac Pro® Tower, Windows® PC, or Thunderbolt™-to-PCI Express Card Expansion System
Your computer’s USB 2.0 ports are perfectly adequate for connecting mice, keyboards, and printers, but if you need to connect external storage drives, USB 2.0 ports are underpowered in more ways than one—limiting data transfer speeds to around 25–30 MB/s, they can hardly be called “high performance”. Most drives available today include USB 3.0 interfaces and offer significantly better performance than USB 2.0-equipped drives. Though you can connect them to your computer’s USB 2.0 ports, their performance would be reduced by as much as 85 percent! Don’t settle for slow performance—install a Sonnet Allegro USB 3.0 4-Port card to instantly add four SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports to your system to take full advantage of today’s drives’ performance capabilities.
Sonnet specially engineered the Allegro USB 3.0 4-Port card to provide extra power through its ports without the need for you to connect an auxiliary power cable. Delivering up to 10W of power per port, this Sonnet solution supports USB 3.0 bus-powered hard drives, SSDs, DVDs & Blu-ray™ devices without the need to connect an additional AC power adapter. The Allegro USB 3.0 card also supports the USB 3.0 charging specification that enables you to simultaneously charge and sync your iPad®, iPhone®, or other device that supports USB 3.0 charging!
The Allegro USB 3.0 4-Port card features a PCIe 2.0 bus interface to take advantage of your computer’s fast expansion card slots. This card installs easily into any PCI Express® (PCIe) slot that supports a full-height card, features hot-pluggable and hot-swappable device connection support with automatic device configuration, and works with all USB-IF compliant USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, peripherals.
Optimized for Thunderbolt
Thunderbolt LogoGot a Thunderbolt connection, but no PCIe slot? The Allegro USB 3.0 4-Port card is ideal for use in any Thunderbolt to PCIe card expansion chassis, including one of Sonnet’s Echo Express™ or xMac™ Thunderbolt 2-to-PCI Express card expansion systems, offering full performance wherever you install it—now you can add SuperSpeed USB 3.0 charging connections any Mac with a Thunderbolt port.
- Adds SuperSpeed USB Connectivity — Adds four USB 3.0 ports to your Mac Pro with PCIe slots, Windows PC, or Thunderbolt-to-PCIe card expansion chassis; transfers data up to 10x faster than over USB 2.0 connections
- Super-Powered Ports — Supports USB 3.0 bus-powered hard drives, SSDs, DVDs & Blu-ray devices with up to 2.0A per port
- Charging Ports — Supports USB 3.0 charging port handshake, and will simultaneously synch and charge iPads and other devices that support USB 3.0 charging at 1.5A per device
- Broad USB 3.0 Device Support & Compatibility — Supports storage, hubs, and other USB-IF compliant USB 3.0 devices; compatible with USB 2.0 devices
- Supports Hot-Swappable Device Connection — Plug in and disconnect peripherals without shutting off your computer
- Optimized for Thunderbolt — Provides maximum performance over Thunderbolt
- Easy Installation — Quick and easy user installation into any available PCIe slot of your computer
Mac Pro (with PCIe slots)
OS® X Version 10.8.5+
PC (with PCI Express slots; PCI Express 2.0 slots recommended)
Windows® 8, 9
Windows Server 2012, 2008
Any computer with a Thunderbolt port via Sonnet's Echo Express Thunderbolt-to-PCIe card expansion chassis or other qualified Thunderbolt expansion chassis
USB 3.0 devices require USB 3.0 cables to support USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed) transfer speeds (up to 5 Gb/s). Use of USB 2.0 cables between USB 3.0 devices and Allegro USB 3.0 4-Port is supported, but data transfers are limited to USB 2.0 speeds (up to 480 Mb/s).